Executive Committee | Communications | Membership | Programs | Taskforce Volunteers
A dedicated group of individuals keeps the Mantua-Shalersville Area Chamber of Commerce up and running.
We thank them for their volunteerism and community spirit…
2015-2016 Executive Committee
Christine Pitsinger, President; Paulette Nichols, Treasurer; Karen Bosley, Secretary
2013-2014 Executive Committee
Christine Pitsinger, President; Becky Tipton, Vice President; Paulette Nichols, Treasurer
2011-2012 Executive Committee
Rebecca Tipton, Secretary, Joan Sweet, Treasurer;
Christine Pitsinger, President; and Melissa Lyle, Vice-President
Christine Pitsinger, President
Christine Pitsinger is the owner of the Community Journal, along with providing graphics design and printing
services of marketing and advertising materials. She is an active volunteer for various community organizations
including the DMRC (Downtown Mantua Revitalization Corporation). Christine designs and prints the Chamber's
newsletter and manages the website. Christine held the position of vice president since 2009 and looks forward to
her new role as president for the 2011-2012 term.
Missy Lyle, Vice President
Missy Lyle has been elected as Chamber of Commerce secretary, as a result of Melanie Miracle stepping down.
Missy is a Mantua Township resident and has 2 children, both of whom attend Crestwood Schools. She is an
active member of the DMRC and attends the Mantua Center Christian Church. Missy is eager to perform the
secretarial duties of the Chamber.
Joan Sweet, Treasurer
Joan Sweet is a Mantua native, currently living in Ravenna. She has many years of banking experience in the area
and has been Branch Supervisor of Middlefield Bank in Mantua since 2002. Joan is a graduate of the 2004 class
of Leadership Portage County and is treasurer of the Rotary Club of Mantua. She has been involved with the
League of Women Voters, the Mantua Potato Festival and the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Joan held
the position of secretary for the 2007-2008 term and has held the treasurer position since 2009, being re-elected
for the 2011-2012 term.
Becky Tipton, Secretary
Becky Tipton is a native of Portage County and currently resides in Mantua Township with her husband and young
son. She is a Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professional. Becky owns an
Ameriprise Financial Services franchise located in Twinsburg, Ohio and is excited to serve as secretary for the
2009-2010 Executive Committee
Marie Stehli, President; Christine Pitsinger, Vice President;
Missy Lyle, Secretary; and Joan Sweet, Treasurer (standing)
Marie Stehli, President
Marie Stehli holds a BA in accounting from Miami University and an MBA from Case Western Reserve University. She is a self-employed CPA as well as fiscal officer of Mantua Township since 1992. A Certified Municipal Finance Administrator, Marie belongs to the Ohio Township Association, Association of Public Treasurers of US and Canada, and Mantua Center Christian Church.Marie was vice president for the 2005-2006 term, served as interim-president for the last half of 2006, and has accepted the role of president for the next two years and held the position of president since January of 2007.
Christine Pitsinger, Vice President
Christine Pitsinger is the owner of the Community Journal, and provides graphics design and printing services of
marketing and advertising materials including: business cards, postcards, fliers and brochures. She is an active volunteer
for various community organizations including the DMRC (Downtown Mantua Revitalization Corporation). Christine
designs and prints the Chamber’s newsletter and manages the website. Christine Pitsinger has been elected as vice
president for the 2009-2010 term.
Joan Sweet, Treasurer
Joan Sweet is a Mantua native, currently living in Ravenna. She has many years of banking experience in the area and has been Branch Supervisor of Middlefield Bank in Mantua since 2002. Joan is a graduate of the 2004 class of Leadership Portage County and is treasurer of the Rotary Club of Mantua. She has been involved with the League of Women Voters, the Mantua Potato Festival and the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Joan held the position of secretary for the 2007-2008 term and has been elected as treasurer for the 2009-2010 term.
Missy Lyle, Secretary
Missy Lyle has been elected as Chamber of Commerce secretary, as a result of Melanie Miracle stepping down. Missy is a Mantua Township resident and has 2 children, both of whom attend Crestwood Schools. She is an active member of the DMRC and attends the Mantua Center Christian Church. Missy is eager to perform the secretarial duties of the Chamber.
2007-2008 Executive Committee
Joan Sweet, Secretary; Marie Stehli, President; Paulette Nichols,Treasurer; Dorothy Caldwell, Vice President
- Preside over Chamber/Executive Board meetings
- Coordinate agenda material with Programs and Communications Committees
- Ensure that policies and programs designed to further goals and objectives of the Chamber are planned, formulated, and presented to the Executive Board.
- Supports and defends policies and programs adopted by the Chamber
- Promotes interest and active participation in the Chamber
- Acts as a spokesperson for the Chamber to the public, legislative bodies, and related organizations
Vice President's Duties:
- Attend Chamber/Executive Board meetings
- Support the President in leading the Chamber
- Fulfill President's duties when President is unavailable
- Co-ordinate special projects as needed
- Attend Chamber/Executive Board meetings
- Type minutes of meetings, submit to President, and maintain file
- Provide summary of minutes to Newsletter Editor no later than 5 days after meetings
- Under direction of Executive Board, generally supervise the finances of the Chamber, maintaining Chamber accounts
- Work with membership committee to communicate membership dues and renewal deadlines to business community
- Distribute membership applications, collect and process membership dues
- Approve and pay invoices
- Prepare revenue and expense budgets
- Maintain files
- Notify members of financial position at meetings
Communications Committee Objectives
- Keep members informed of Chamber activities
- Maintain Chamber’s image as community icon
- Recognize members’ accomplishments
- Encourage members to participate and non-members to join
- Secure photographer/reporter for notable Chamber events
- Write press releases for major Chamber events
- Provide meeting notices to local newspapers
- Provide meeting notices for Mantua cable station, Crestwood cable station, Lion's Club bulletin board
- Distribute flyers promoting Chamber events
- Solicit and edit articles, layout, print, and facilitate distribution of newsletter
Becky lives in Mantua Township with her husband Bill. She is employed Benner Masonry and Advanced Rehab in Mantua and also manages 50 apartment/house rentals. Her husband, son, and daughter are all graduates of Crestwood High School. Becky & her husband are avid boating and fishing enthusiasts & have recently began bicycling the trails in Mantua & surrounding areas.
Membership Committee Objectives
- Communicate benefits of active membership to the community
- Develop unique ideas to increase membership
- Encourage members to participate and non-members to join.
- Coordinate and execute membership drives
- Process new member applications
- Mail reminder notices to existing members regarding renewal
- Collect yearly membership dues and forward to treasurer
- Ensure informative, beneficial Chamber meetings
- Strengthen Chamber's network of resources
- Encourage members to suggest meeting topics and speakers
- Contact speakers; explain Chamber goals, presentation length, meeting time
- Confirm presentations, meeting date/time, secure special equipment for speakers
- Distribute flyers promoting Chamber.
TASK FORCE VOLUNTEER
Steering Committees create a market positioning statement of direction/focus, lead action and communication
___Finding Funds research financing, grants, non-profit and other legal entity options for ownership
___Niche Identification analyze successful strong points in comparable communities and recommend unique niche businesses for Mantua-Shalersville area…study other community plans/policies and document zoning, land use, and other practices to mimic, avoid, or consider
___Beautification distribute and display decorations for events (Soap Box Derby, Potato Festival, Holidays, etc.) to make Village, Corners, Township Squares look festive and inviting; recommend permanent improvements and organize volunteers to help…work with Village Shade Tree Committee and Village and Township Garden Clubs
___Youth Involvement develop children’s programs and volunteer committees to get Crestwood and Maplewood students involved and to complete projects in community…work with Scout groups, 4H, school organizations
___Historians document ownership and use of spaces for community brochure and Chamber website
Photographers photograph exteriors and interiors of existing buildings and places, scenic views, events, and people for community brochure and Chamber website
Please place a checkmark beside any task force that you would be willing to assist with or provide the name of someone you think would be willing to help.
Your name ______________________________________
Other name ______________________________________
To Print: Download form in PDF
“Contact a Chamber officer or committee member for more information about any task force, to offer your assistance, or just share your thoughts.”